convert sketch to draft doesn't work

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Stanubi

convert sketch to draft doesn't work

Post by Stanubi »

Hi,
I am using version 0.19, revision 24366, and I am encountering a weird behaviour when I try to convert some sketches to draft objects in the Draft WB.
I have done this before several times and it worked perfectly.

The 3 sketches are well defined, full constrained and are dependend on each other (A->B->C). Since I suspected the sketches to be faulty, I have even tried to extrude them in Part WB and that gave a perfect result. Also the spatial references are perfect when I extrude a combination of sketches.

However, now when I try to convert the sketches into draft objects using the "bidirectional conversion" feature (I only need the direction skect2draft), the conversion doesn't work. It either creates an uncomplete (but still closely related) output on the less complicated sketch. On the more complicated sketch it creates complete garbage. Is there a bug in the conversion feature, do I have the wrong preferences, or what can be going on there?

Anyone can give a hint?

regards
Stan
Roy_043
Veteran

Re: convert sketch to draft doesn't work

Post by Roy_043 »

Post a sample file.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Stanubi wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:59 pm Anyone can give a hint?
You should retry with a current 0.20 or 0.21; the latter being compulsory if it goes wrong with 0.20.

And may I ask what you intend to do? Most tools work well with sketches.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

There is also something else you can do: make a downgrade+upgrade of the sketch.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Stanubi

Post by Stanubi »

chrisb wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:25 am You should retry with a current 0.20 or 0.21; the latter being compulsory if it goes wrong with 0.20.
It works perfectly fine in 0.20.

Thanks
Stan
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

Again: Post a sample file.