Repeat last command?

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
thomas-neemann
Veteran

Re: Repeat last command?

Post by thomas-neemann »

the question was meant as to whether it is possible with the current status, and if so how?
Gruß Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Thomas Neemann

https://www.youtube.com/@thomasneemann5 ... ry=freecad
drmacro
Veteran

Re: Repeat last command?

Post by drmacro »

yoshua wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:49 pm 3 great autocad features one uses constantly
Yet, we are talking about learning how to drive FreeCAD, right?

- CLI
Is there a CLI in FreeCAD?

Is FreeCAD not a different paradigm?

I was a very accomplished AutoCAD user, developer, and consultant at one time.

After taking the time to learn FC, I miss little if anything about AutoCAD.

I do occasionally write some CLI Python in the Python console...

- Enter to repeat last command
Having the last few commands used pop up on the cursor as it does in LibreCAD would be handy.
- Hotkeys for snaps
Snaps in Draft and Arch appear to be a real thing. But, not many non Arch users bother with Draft much.

IMO, snaps in Sketcher would be less useful than the context based constraint that @paddle is working on (though it appears that has stalled for a while). It would replace any need for snaps. (This also assumes some additions, like a midpoint constraint, etc.)
How does one entice new developers to contribute?
This is always the question. It's a lot like getting artist to perform for "exposure bucks". :roll:
IMO, social network effect on Twitter would do it. Time to appoint a reply-guy aka CEO "Chief Engagement Officer" ? :lol:
Since I'm not a twit (I guess that's what a twitter user is called?? 8-) ), what does a CEO do? Is that like a recruitment officer? (as in corporate, not military: "join the military, see the world, oh...and get shot at". :lol: )
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."