How do I know if I am in construction mode or not?

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ProApe

How do I know if I am in construction mode or not?

Post by ProApe »

Hello,
As the button with which one switches to construction mode doesn't change its look when clicking on it, I have problems recognizing which one I am in.
Is the construction mode active until I switch it off or only for 1 object?

The red outlined buttons remain blue, no matter how many times I click on the construction mode button, and I cannot set the black outlined line at an angle to each other.

Sincerely
ProApe
Attachments
construction mode.JPG
construction mode.JPG (63.71 KiB) Viewed 463 times
chrisb
Veteran

Re: How do I know if I am in construction mode or not?

Post by chrisb »

There are two different functions with similar, yet different icons:
  1. Sketcher ToggleConstruction is at the right end of the geometric elements. If nothing is selected, it toggles between geometric elements being in construction and normal mode. You see that construction mode is enabled, because the icons for the geometric elemens turn blue. And of course are the elements inserted in blue as well.

If you have some geometric elements selected, only these elements are toggled.
  2. Sketcher ToggleDrivingConstraint is at the right end of the dimensioning constraints. In your image it is at the right end of the red freehand line. It toggles between normal dimensioning and reference mode, the latter only showing the actual value but not fixing it.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
ProApe

Re: How do I know if I am in construction mode or not?

Post by ProApe »

Thank you!