HOWTO have 2 different Part Designs in seperate FCStd files depending on the same sketch ?

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Boo

Re: HOWTO have 2 different Part Designs in seperate FCStd files depending on the same sketch ?

Post by Boo »

Shalmeneser wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:48 pm btw, the cactus sketch seems too complex. Try instead multiple simple sketches.
papyblaise wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:57 pm
the cactus sketch seems too complex
ça permet de cacher Bip-Bip :lol:
Shalmeneser wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:16 pm "So it can hide road-runner"
:D

It's an Isaenko circle tow hook I am modelling as an excercise. The original was drawn in Aeromodeller of Dec. 1976 on pages 726 et seq. It's available as a download here in case anyone is interested : https://rcbookcase.com/details.php?publication_id=3374

Boo
papyblaise
Veteran

Re: HOWTO have 2 different Part Designs in seperate FCStd files depending on the same sketch ?

Post by papyblaise »

I can't conect and upload it :!:
Boo

Post by Boo »

papyblaise wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:27 am I can't conect and upload it :!:
It's too big to want to post here but if you go to "https://rcbookcase.com"
then from the top menu select
Publications/European Magazines/Aeromodeller
then Sort Titles by: Pub. Date and it's on the last page, pg 23 - "Aeromodeller December 1976"

If that doesn't work for you then PM me your email address and I can send you a copy,

Boo
papyblaise
Veteran

Post by papyblaise »

I see page 23, but the plans are not accessible for free
Boo

Post by Boo »

papyblaise wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:52 am I see page 23, but the plans are not accessible for free
I have not paid a subscription and if I right-click on the magazine art on Page23 then it opens a "Save as" dialog box for me in FireFox and automatically starts the download in edge, both on W10.

Alternatively, open the page for Aeromodeller December 1976 and click the download button - there will be displayed an in-browser pop-up for subscribing but the download will also begin in the background (in Edge) or give a "Save as" dialogue (in FF) .

Hth,

Boo
papyblaise
Veteran

Post by papyblaise »

no nothing to do, everywhere I click I have a prohibition sign
Lonfor

Post by Lonfor »

Boo wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:03 pm The design intent is that different parts are contained in different files so modifications to one part in that file that file do not have unintended/accidental consequences for another part ? I've worked alsongside many D.O.s where such a compartmentalisation of parts into files would be de rigeur and it seems a natural way to proceed to me.
One undesirable and troublesome issue I found is that the linked sketch can be edited from the Target file and I am unable to find a setting to lock it up for good. So, in order to minimize the risk of edition from the Target file, which is a threat to mess all dependent files up, I dropped the linked Sketch into a folder with a big label warning not to touch it.
Attachments
Screenshot_20221130_214605.png
Screenshot_20221130_214605.png (134.59 KiB) Viewed 378 times
papyblaise
Veteran

Post by papyblaise »

thank you i received it
you fooled me by saying to see page 23, not seeing it on this page I did not look further, this time I had the patience to go to the last page to find the hook at page 50 of the newspaper
for those who would like it here is the copy of this page
Attachments
hook..jpg
hook..jpg (178.54 KiB) Viewed 335 times