[Solved] Shortcuts for Views: Key 'H' activates key 'R' as shortcut for same or random view

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Shortcuts for Views: Key 'H' activates key 'R' as shortcut for same or random view

Post by chrisb »

openBrain wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:17 am Can you disable 'Shortcuts' add-on ?
Thank you very much for looking thoroughly at ma FreeCAD infos :oops: . That was the cause. I had only installed it, because rmn_hr had said to find it useful. It didn't do anything - well obviously it created an error message - so I fell back to your macro showing all shortcuts. And that's also why I recommended to ask you about the shortcuts :mrgreen: .
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
wmayer
Founder

Re: Shortcuts for Views: Key 'H' activates key 'R' as shortcut for same or random view

Post by wmayer »

openBrain wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:18 am Anyway, will ping @wmayer to check he agrees with this solution before going to code a PR.
Moving them to separate commands is fine for me.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

wmayer wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:30 am Moving them to separate commands is fine for me.
Thanks. Will find a nice place for them and submit a PR. ;)
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

Does this do anything and/or would interfere with shortcuts? https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob ... .cpp#L1625
rmn_hr

Post by rmn_hr »

chrisb wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:27 am
openBrain wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:17 am Can you disable 'Shortcuts' add-on ?
Thank you very much for looking thoroughly at ma FreeCAD infos :oops: . That was the cause. I had only installed it, because rmn_hr had said to find it useful. It didn't do anything - well obviously it created an error message - so I fell back to your macro showing all shortcuts. And that's also why I recommended to ask you about the shortcuts :mrgreen: .
Had the same error messages with active add-on 'Shortcuts' - looking into py-files I found that coding of this tool is a while ago (2018 is latest in ShortCuts_Gui.py). For this I ignored the errors, but was happy to have access and information on several shortcuts.

eg. shortcuts for Draw Style (default V,1 ... V,7) are not accessible via Tools-Customize nor via Tool-Edit preferences...
With add-on 'Shortcuts' I got access (without knowledge about their place of storage) and altered my preferred draw styles to S,F,L (style, flat, line = style, flache, Linie) and S,D,G (style, Draht, Gitter = style Wireframe).

Shortcuts with key 'S' are working without problems in my setup.
Maybe this info is helpful for adrianinsaval too
My workflow: create single components in PartDesign and arrange them with Zolko's Assembly4
(https://github.com/Zolko-123/FreeCAD_Assembly4 )

FreeCAD works pretty well and stable for me !! :)
Hymn of Praise valid again since FreeCAD 0.22.35449
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

rmn_hr wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:12 pm Had the same error messages with active add-on 'Shortcuts' - looking into py-files I found that coding of this tool is a while ago (2018 is latest in ShortCuts_Gui.py). For this I ignored the errors, but was happy to have access and information on several shortcuts.
Out of curiosity: how is this addon supposed to work? It is installed as a workbench but not available in the list. I see no difference in the keyboard customization. The only thing I can see is the error message.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

many of triplus' addons are accessed through an additional menu entry called "Accesories"
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks!
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

@wmayer merged the PR so next weekly build should be OK.