Measure Line colour and text size

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NHSA_Rainer

Re: Measure Line colour and text size

Post by NHSA_Rainer »

EUREKA ...

Managed to get my measurements into Black Colour :mrgreen: but have not managed to change font type and make it Bold :?
Last edited by NHSA_Rainer on Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NHSA_Rainer

Post by NHSA_Rainer »

Hi,

From where does FreeCAD load the font type ?

From the windows folder " Font " ?
NHSA_Rainer

Post by NHSA_Rainer »

vm4dim wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:48 pm
adrianinsaval wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:20 pm but how to set those parameters? freecad's way of saving color parameters has always been weird

Tools > Edit Parameters
BaseApp > Preferences > View
Create Text Parameter: Dimensions3dColor, DimensionsDeltaColor or DimensionsAngularColor
Format: #RRGGBB
Hi,

I managed to change the colour of the line as well as of the arrow to black according to the above instructions.

The Text size of the measure lines for the moment is OK. Anyhow will try to change that too as an exercise.

Now I wanted to change the font type to Verdana and Bold using " DimensionsFontName " and input as Value " Verdana :Bold " but nothing happens. That is why I asked from where does FreeCAD draw the font type.

What am I doing wrong. Thanks for the help.

Rainer
vm4dim

Post by vm4dim »

NHSA_Rainer wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:15 pm Now I wanted to change the font type to Verdana and Bold using " DimensionsFontName "
This has been suggested, but not yet fully implemented.
NHSA_Rainer

Post by NHSA_Rainer »

vm4dim wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:34 pm
NHSA_Rainer wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:15 pm Now I wanted to change the font type to Verdana and Bold using " DimensionsFontName "
This has been suggested, but not yet fully implemented.
Hi,

Thanks and understand.

Rainer
Juzer99

Post by Juzer99 »

I am posting this for my future self if I need to set the measure line colors again
1. Open FreeCAD
2. From top menu select Tools ->Edit parameters. Parameter Editor window should open with two panes.
3. In left pane navigate to Preferences -> View A list of parameters will be displayed in the right pane
4. Move pointer to right pane and right-click the mouse.
5. From the pop-up menu select New -> New string item A "New text item" window will pop up with a prompt "Enter the name"
6. Enter Dimensions3dColor in the box then click OK A new "New text item" box will pop up with a prompt "Enter your text"
7. Enter #0000FF if you want it blue, #FF0000 for red, #000000 for black. If you want a different color use Body-> Appearance (Ctrl D) -> Shape color to find the HTML color code. Use CAPITAL letters in Edit Parameters window.
8. Repeat steps 4-7 to create new DimensionsAngularColor parameter
9. Repeat steps 4-7 to create new DimensionsDeltaColor parameter
10. Click Save to disk then Close

You can modify the parameter value later to change the color

a. Highlight the parameter in the right pane that you want to modify
b. Right click and pick Change Value
c. Enter new value, i.e. #00FF00
d. Click Save to disk then Close

Thanks to @NHSA_Rainer for persistence and to @vm4dim for the first sketch of these instructions
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Juzer99 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:06 am I am posting this for my future self if I need to set the measure line colors again
Except for the concrete color values this is described on the Parameter Editor page. Would you mind checking it?

@Roy_043, is it sensible to augment that page?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

In the dev version these settings can be changed in the Part/PartDesign Preferences: PartDesign_Preferences#Measure

In that version the parameters have been moved to BaseApp/Preferences/Mod/Part. Also the color format has changed to unsigned integer.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

Juzer99 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:06 am Use CAPITAL letters in Edit Parameters window.
Not required for the color value.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Roy_043 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:13 am In that version the parameters have been moved to BaseApp/Preferences/Mod/Part. Also the color format has changed to unsigned integer.
Sorry for the noise, I had missed that.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.