Orthographic/Perspective auto switch

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Hologram

Re: Orthographic/Perspective auto switch

Post by Hologram »

I would like something that is as simple as a toggle between a perspective and orthographic view. Basically, it's the same as the menu items, but instead of changing either to perspective or orthographic, I want it to change it from perspective to orthographic and vice versa. Saves a hotkey and would allow me to use this the same way as I do in other software :)
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

Hologram wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:46 am I would like something that is as simple as a toggle between a perspective and orthographic view.
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=51613
Hologram

Post by Hologram »

Thanks! Didn't find that topic in my searches. Got the macro working.

One question: if I assign this to a global toolbar, where can I find that toolbar for a keyboard shortcut?
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

Hologram wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:34 pm Thanks! Didn't find that topic in my searches. Got the macro working.

One question: if I assign this to a global toolbar, where can I find that toolbar for a keyboard shortcut?
Sorry, have this open for a long time. :) Could you clarify what you're trying to do ?
Hologram

Post by Hologram »

What I wanted to do is add the macro to a toolbar that is in every workbench. That way, I can assign a shortcut to a command that I can use in every workbench (e.g. a perspective/ orthographic view toggle is useful in multiple workbenches). I did not want to create a toolbar for every workbench just to add a hotkey.

I am not sure why, but it seemed that 0.20 did not let me map the shortcut. When I downloaded 0.21, it seemed to work as intended and as expected. I'll be going over FreeCAD tutorials in the next few days, so I'll be able to understand the software more thoroughly. Will report back if I encounter an issue. 😉