[BUGGY but solved]: 0.20.1 often the shadowing disappear

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: [BUGGY but solved]: 0.20.1 often the shadowing disappear

Post by chrisb »

BartR wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:30 am but also uncomplete ...
Of course it is and it will always be. Nobody wants to see a complete dump of all libraries installed on your system, all hardware drivers, mounted file systems, …
I admit though that graphic driver issues occur more often than other issues.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
BartR

Post by BartR »

chrisb wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:59 am
BartR wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:30 am but also uncomplete ...
Of course it is and it will always be. Nobody wants to see a complete dump of all libraries installed on your system, all hardware drivers, mounted file systems, …
I admit though that graphic driver issues occur more often than other issues.
I didn't say that all libraries should be exported. But even fae OS information are NOT useful at all.
My OS and the build version is not even reported by the FCD report.
Last edited by BartR on Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by chrisb »

BartR wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:07 am I didn't say that all libraries should be exported. But even fae OS information are NOT useful at all.
ThMy OS and the build version is not even reported by the FCD report.
Sorry, I don’t understand all these abbreviations. The FreeCAD infos may not be helpful in your case, but they have proven to be in many others.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
onekk
Veteran

Post by onekk »

chrisb wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:12 am ...
Probably he is referring on the fact that Windows 11 is reported as Windows 10 on the OS info.

It is strange, but probably related to the Python method used to retrieve Windows version or even by Windows itself or maybe Windows is running in "compatibility mode" I'm not using windows but I remember that it even has this strange thing.

Regards

Carlo D.
GitHub page: https://github.com/onekk/freecad-doc.
- In deep articles on FreeCAD.
- Learning how to model with scripting.
- Various other stuffs.

Blog: https://okkmkblog.wordpress.com/
BartR

Post by BartR »

chrisb wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:12 am
BartR wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:07 am I didn't say that all libraries should be exported. But even fae OS information are NOT useful at all.
ThMy OS and the build version is not even reported by the FCD report.
Sorry, I don’t understand all these abbreviations. The FreeCAD infos may not be helpful in your case, but they have proven to be in many others.
It was a mistyping. I corrected it

Post by BartR »

onekk wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:05 am
chrisb wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:12 am ...
Probably he is referring on the fact that Windows 11 is reported as Windows 10 on the OS info.

It is strange, but probably related to the Python method used to retrieve Windows version or even by Windows itself or maybe Windows is running in "compatibility mode" I'm not using windows but I remember that it even has this strange thing.

Regards

Carlo D.
Correct.

Well no, it's not running in compatibility mode, at least I didn't set it up to work in this way. I also checked (after have read your intervention) and it's not set up for compatibility mode.
Veteran

Post by onekk »

BartR wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:34 pm ...
Well no, it's not running in compatibility mode, at least I didn't set it up to work in this way. I also checked (after have read your intervention) and it's not set up for compatibility mode.

See maybe the following link:

https://note.nkmk.me/en/python-platform ... e-version/

And try the code to print your OS version, and maybe post here results, or better open a new thread maybe with this title:

"Windows 11 version not correctly show in FreeCAD Help info"

So maybe some developer note the title and react modifying sources, if it is not related to Python language itself not posting the correct OS.

Hope it helps

Carlo D.
GitHub page: https://github.com/onekk/freecad-doc.
- In deep articles on FreeCAD.
- Learning how to model with scripting.
- Various other stuffs.

Blog: https://okkmkblog.wordpress.com/
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

MS changed the supported method to get the Windows system information quite a few years ago, when Windows 8 was dominant. The old method was deprecated with Windows 11 and no longer gives the correct information.

I do not know what is necessary to get the correct system information, or whether it is FreeCAD or Python that needs to be updated.

Gene
BartR

Post by BartR »

onekk wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:42 pm
BartR wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:34 pm ...

See maybe the following link:

https://note.nkmk.me/en/python-platform ... e-version/

And try the code to print your OS version, and maybe post here results, or better open a new thread maybe with this title:

"Windows 11 version not correctly show in FreeCAD Help info"

So maybe some developer note the title and react modifying sources, if it is not related to Python language itself not posting the correct OS.

Hope it helps

Carlo D.
Thank you, I opende a topic a syou suggested and I copied and pasted the results.
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

GeneFC wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:10 pm MS changed the supported method to get the Windows system information quite a few years ago, when Windows 8 was dominant. The old method was deprecated with Windows 11 and no longer gives the correct information.
That is such a stupid decision and it's even more stupid that instead of removing the function or returning null they keep returning the value for windows 10 on windows 11 :roll: :roll: :roll: