Drawing and making a simple sofa

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
KFMadsen

Drawing and making a simple sofa

Post by KFMadsen »

Hello Freecad Forum,
I'm in the process of making a sofa after I have drawn it in Freecad (and rendered it in Blender), and just thought I would share the current status of making the sofa with some pictures.

I made the sofa as an assembly in Freecad, pretty straight forward. The sofa is pretty simple in structure, with 20 cm thick seat cushions and is made of 21 mm plywood which will be painted.

I have made the first two modules jointed with screws (chose 8 cm long screws to give it good stability). As far as I can see everything can be done using only a portable tracksaw and a drilling machine. The cushions have been bought and now the fabric will have to be sewn on - and of course the last module should be made.

In case anybody is interested, I will post the finished product when it is done, which will hopefully not last to long:-)

Have a nice day:-)

Kindly, KFMadsen

PS. I was a little bit in confused whether I should post this sofa in an independent topic as I have done or here, or whether I should have posted it in the "from Freecad to real world" topic. My apologies if it should be in the latter.
Attachments
sofa2moduler1.jpg
sofa2moduler1.jpg (847.09 KiB) Viewed 2794 times
sofablender.jpg
sofablender.jpg (80 KiB) Viewed 2794 times
sofasoftrød.jpg
sofasoftrød.jpg (86.95 KiB) Viewed 2794 times