MakeRoll: Spool holder for 3d printing

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
MaurinoWeb

MakeRoll: Spool holder for 3d printing

Post by MaurinoWeb »

Hello everybody, as promised I created the post in showcase for MakeRoll (universal spool holder).
MakeRoll adapts easily and quickly to the diameter and width of the spool and have a dust filter for each spool. Is suitable for different formats (and kg) in arbitrary positions, so and you can quickly insert them in the middle of other spools.

Here is a playlist dedicated to MakeRoll to understand the current features: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... G6Ll7bRw73

Here is the link of the project: https://github.com/mauriziospaccialbelli/MakeRoll

Makeroll is licensed under GPLv3 and soon anyone will be able to print it easily thanks to the documentation.
makeroll-1.jpeg
makeroll-1.jpeg (89.79 KiB) Viewed 2600 times
makeroll-printable-parts-information.png
makeroll-printable-parts-information.png (350.45 KiB) Viewed 2600 times
makeroll-printable-parts.png
makeroll-printable-parts.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 2600 times
makeroll-components-list.png
makeroll-components-list.png (361.78 KiB) Viewed 2600 times
makeroll-components.png
makeroll-components.png (673.28 KiB) Viewed 2600 times
Makeroll I modeled it a few years ago with FreeCAD 0.16 with draft/sketcher and part WB, so using the GSG.
When I finish ordering the documents well, I want to share the .fcstd files, while the .step files should be added in the new version 1.0.2(or 1.1.0)

Sorry my bad English.

A greeting
MaurinoWeb

Re: MakeRoll: Spool holder for 3d printing

Post by MaurinoWeb »

Hello everybody
Late, but I did it! I added the documentation, is very simple and all with images (I updated the first post by adding the images) For now I think that's fine, MakeRoll is pretty simple to understand.

I assembled MakeRoll with assembly4 and spreadsheet, soon I make a short video... no animation, but I am satisfied as I can change the width and diameter of the coils and everything moves as MakeRoll is thought. When I use into asm4 really enjoy it.

Thanks to everyone and have a nice day.
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: MakeRoll: Spool holder for 3d printing

Post by Kunda1 »

awesome and very thorough work! Thank you for sharing!
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs