Designing my own new house using FreeCAD

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Szzer

Re: Designing my own new house using FreeCAD

Post by Szzer »

saso wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:33 pm You have actually used a bit of a "hybrid" approach by also using the tools from the ArchWB
The hybrid is mainly because i found the link feature halfway the design process... and for simplicity, if i would have split everything up in their own file managing all that is rather cumbersome. Do is broke it up in manageble pieces, say sub-assemblies. It also helpe tremendously in the editing workflow, when changing a feature freecad only had to recompute the sub-assembly in stead of the whole house. You can later update the subassy in the main assy, after finishing all the mods.
saso wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:33 pm most of us get very confused when we first get in contact with such concepts as the history tree, parts and assemblies :roll:
I've tried revit and sketchup and found it very frustrating no't being able to change stuff in a history tree like structure. That's why in went for freecad since it hast history and the arch/bim workbench.
saso wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:33 pm Ik would maybe just review a bit more if the positions of the elements in the upper floor are on the best positions, because of the lower heights from the roof in some areas...
Did you taken into account that the ceiling height is 2.6m (mandatory in the Netherlands for newbuilds)? That's quite a bit higher than standard in most countries . I will check it again, thanks for the remark.
Szzer

Post by Szzer »

carlopav wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:52 am Yes, perfectly undestrand and agree. Anyway, if you have time i'd really appreciate your feedback on them :)
I've quickly tried the experimental wall and door feature you created.
I've ran into a workflow issue... I prefer to put the first setup of how the walls look like in a sketch, this makes editing afterwards much easier for me.
It appears that the new wall feature cannot be generated from a sketch, only by placing it directly on the screen.

Also can the door be modeled in an open position? It helps me visualize the space needed for a opening door a lot better.
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Szzer wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:58 am I prefer to put the first setup of how the walls look like in a sketch, this makes editing afterwards much easier for me.
Hi, this is my approach also. See if below helps : -

Discussion

ArchSketch + ArchWall ( Multiple Width / Individual Align ) = Building Layout Object
[ Comments Request ] Intuitive Automatic Windows/Doors Placement

Models

[ Architecture Masterpiece ] Villa Savoye FC Model
[ Architecture Masterpiece ] Carpenter Center Of Visual Arts

Architecture_3D_models_created_in_FreeCAD
Szzer

Post by Szzer »

Interesting! I'll check it out
rakela

Post by rakela »

thanks for your post !
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Szzer wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:37 pm Ping
I have a look at a few files of your model, really impressive ! Need long time to study ! :D

Have some initial questions / thoughts :-
  1. See you use a Sketch to layout the floor plan, so it is easier to alter the dimensions etc. Any way other Sketches 'link' to the 'master' floor plan Sketch ?
  2. You place ArchWall etc in a Part Container and make Links to it (not sure about the exact object name as I am not familiar with PartDesign), have you tried directly make a Link to the ArchWal etc. ?
  3. I try used Arch / BIM objects so seem better support to export to IFC (finding what are not supported in the progress and report). Have you exported to IFC and does it works ?
Thanks
bitacovir wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:32 am Ping
Seem @szzer model is not in OSArch yet ?

BTW, the 'Arch 3D Models Created in FreeCAD' section 'looks' short / blank and does not seem to stand out :)

Thanks.
Screenshot from 2020-10-18 09-02-20.png
Screenshot from 2020-10-18 09-02-20.png (285.05 KiB) Viewed 2504 times
Screenshot from 2020-10-18 09-06-06.png
Screenshot from 2020-10-18 09-06-06.png (444.46 KiB) Viewed 2504 times
bitacovir
Veteran

Post by bitacovir »

paullee wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:35 am Seem @szzer model is not in OSArch yet ?
BTW, the 'Arch 3D Models Created in FreeCAD' section 'looks' short / blank and does not seem to stand out :)
I added an entry in https://wiki.osarch.org/index.php?title ... w_Examples but i don't know how to add images.
::bitacovir::
==================
One must be absolutely modern.
Arthur Rimbaud (A Season in Hell -1873)

Canal Youtube Grupo Telegram de FreeCAD Español

My personal web site
My GitHub repository
Mini Airflow Tunnel Project
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Thanks taking care of it :D
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

Szzer wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:58 aml
I've ran into a workflow issue... I prefer to put the first setup of how the walls look like in a sketch, this makes editing afterwards much easier for me.
Thanks for testing! No, that's not possibile Indeed. At least not yet. There Is an axis align property that could allow you to align the Wall segmento to a master sketch segment, but i'm not sure It Will work properly.
Also can the door be modeled in an open position? It helps me visualize the space needed for a opening door a lot better.
Also here, not in the default opening, but you can use your custom Door and Windows modeled in part design opened or closed as you Wish.

@paullee, @bitacovir, consider that maybe Szzer could not want to publish his own house into osarch. So i suggest to wait for his ok for that.
follow my experiments on BIM modelling for architecture design
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Thanks carlopav, indeed, there seems no about license

Maybe Szzer to clarify