"Show your FreeCAD projects here" morphs into a forum!

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NormandC
Veteran

"Show your FreeCAD projects here" morphs into a forum!

Post by NormandC »

The 'Show your FreeCAD projects here!" topic has grown to such proportions that it has become hard to navigate. We also have to wade through the comments on the posted projects, but we want to keep these conversations as they are part of the fun.

Which is why we just created a new forum dedicated to sharing our FreeCAD projects. Forum members will now be able to create new topics for each new project.

From now on, please post your projects in the new Users Showcase forum. :)

The moderators will split this huge topic into separate topics for each project, but it may take time or never be completed. Most probably this topic will stay on in some form.

In ending I would like to express my thanks to everyone who's posted here. When I created this topic years ago, I wouldn't have dreamed of it becoming so big with 42 pages and more than 33 thousand views!!!

Thanks again to all, and keep those cool FreeCAD projects coming! :)
Last edited by NormandC on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed topic name, changed post to keep this for posterity... :-P
NormandC
Veteran

Re: "Show your FreeCAD projects here" morphs into a forum!

Post by NormandC »

The "Show your FreeCAD projects here" topic has now totally been dissolved into the forum. Thanks to Jim (jmaustpc) for his huge help. :ugeek:
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Great move! Indeed it was becoming huge...
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

Many thanks for converting all those old posts into separate threads, it sure is easier to find something there now! Seems like it must have been a huge undertaking!
MSOlsen65

Post by MSOlsen65 »

WOW!! What a wonderful collection of projects. It is truly amazing. :D :D :D

I have noticed that most include data about which version was used. Would it be possible to have the major version number as one of the "sort by" options? For newbies like myself, and for case study, it would be helpful to focus on projects by version instead of date order.

Often there are 2 or more versions in use during a given timeframe (e.g. currently I know different people using v0.17, v0.18, and v0.19). As such, sorting by version would allow us to focus on the version we are using (in my case v0.18) for guidance and the others more for general inspiration. I fully suspect this would also apply to many of the other forum areas as well, and would make this already amazing resource even more useful to a wider array of users.
Sincerely,

Michael S. Olsen
Electrical Engineer & Joiner