call for screenshots - By Yorik

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
jimmihenry

Re: call for screenshots - By Yorik

Post by jimmihenry »

I thought it would be nice to make a more advanced animation using the A2plus workbench. :D Computer Aided Design is something i really enjoy. I hope posting CAD models here is a little motivation for everyone involved in programming FreeCAD. Thanks to Obleisk79 for the A2plus workbench tip...

After starting a new A2plus document and constraining the degrees of freedom for the added parts, i altered the rotation angle in the properties panel for the wheel. All other constrained parts followed the changed position after clicking the update icon. All there was left to do, was to go to the main Menu, Tools -> Save picture... and make the screen shots. The animated Graphic Interchange Format (GIF) was made with GIMP.

The good old steam locomotive.
Attachments
Mr.Chuchu.gif
Mr.Chuchu.gif (719.5 KiB) Viewed 150 times
Last edited by jimmihenry on Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Nice! Do you know that you can create the images rather comfortably if you know just a little bit of Python?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
jimmihenry

Post by jimmihenry »

chrisb wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:08 am Nice! Do you know that you can create the images rather comfortably if you know just a little bit of Python?
Thank you for your reply. All i know about python, it is a constrictor snake. I have no knowledge of programming! I have to rely on the tool that is given to me, that would be FreeCAD. And i am not the only one...
FBXL5

Post by FBXL5 »

jimmihenry wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:28 am The good old steam locomotive.
Excellent! :o :)
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

Hi

good animation
jimmihenry wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:28 am Menu, Tools -> Save picture...
you can try Macro_Screen_Wiki Image

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting. My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.