FreeCAD BIM updates for OSArch newsletter

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
duncan.lithgow

FreeCAD BIM updates for OSArch newsletter

Post by duncan.lithgow »

Hi there. I'm throwing together a short text for a newsletter from OSArch.org and would love to mention whatever is happening with FreeCAD & the BIM workbench. It's okay if there's no developments, but maybe there have been some interesting discussions our readers might like to join/read and interesting projects ... If someone could give me a short text including links that would be great. Between 50 & 150 words is plenty.
paullee
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD BIM updates for OSArch newsletter

Post by paullee »

Was there last newsletter so update should include what happened afterwards?

Incidentally, just realise FreeCAD BIM development news by Yorik in OSarch last update was on September 2021.

Jan 2022 update was not mentioned :)
ragohix769

Post by ragohix769 »

paullee wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:00 pm Was there last newsletter so update should include what happened afterwards?

Incidentally, just realise FreeCAD BIM development news by Yorik in OSarch last update was on September 2021.

Jan 2022 update was not mentioned :)
It's really a pity that there is no news from anyone about BIM/Draft/Arch development from jan 2022. I understand that maybe Yorik has, like anyone, his life and his work to do, but we (I mean all) should try to create some other (alternative) development bulletin/journal update, even to understand what's new, what's the direction, corrected bugs, new features, to do list, etc etc And even to write about it on press and communities.

I don't know how to manage such (not trivial) task, I'm even not english mother language so I write very very badly, but maybe we Arch/Draft/BIM users I think should try to think about it. What do you think @paullee ?
After #ElonMuskBuyTwitter I'm no more on Twitter, that's really enough :-(
=> Now you can find me here on #Mastodon: https://mastodon.uno/@opensoul - I hope more people do the same :-)
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

I'm way behind schedule regarding giving news about Arch/BIM development :oops: Unfortunately I've also have had little time for coding these last two months, but getting back to it. Hopefully I can give some kick-ass news soon!

There is also more that others here can do, I think watching for changes in Arch/Draft/BIM, testing those changes and telling about it could be very useful!
ragohix769

Post by ragohix769 »

yorik wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:21 am Unfortunately I've also have had little time for coding these last two months, but getting back to it. Hopefully I can give some kick-ass news soon!
That's very good :D
After #ElonMuskBuyTwitter I'm no more on Twitter, that's really enough :-(
=> Now you can find me here on #Mastodon: https://mastodon.uno/@opensoul - I hope more people do the same :-)
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

@ragohix769

In fact, Roy_043 had made lots of improvement, bug fix, etc.

If someone has some time to go through and make some simple notes, as coming release notes, for newsletter, etc. say every months. That will do, and become a comprehensive notes unoon release.

Anybody has spare time ? :)
bitacovir
Veteran

Post by bitacovir »

::bitacovir::
==================
One must be absolutely modern.
Arthur Rimbaud (A Season in Hell -1873)

Canal Youtube Grupo Telegram de FreeCAD Español

My personal web site
My GitHub repository
Mini Airflow Tunnel Project
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

duncan.lithgow wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:45 pm Ping
What Bitacovir is doing seems to be a good idea and minimal effort is needed, good enough for you to copy into the newsletter ? :)
  1. Like Bitcovir did - People just post here a Link to the post in which a short summary of new feature/ bug fix / roadmap was written
  2. Peoples just ping you in the post to notify you; or you visit here occasionally
  3. To make this thread more prominent, make this sticky ?
p.s.
- Maybe this become a collection for Arch/BIM to be shown in coming FC release note ?

Another Example ?

Arch/BIM UI Improvement / Bug-Fix
- One Object in 2 Layers / Groups / Building Parts
bitacovir
Veteran

Post by bitacovir »

Also, there is a lot of new tutorials done in the HR Compacta youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/HRCompacta/videos
::bitacovir::
==================
One must be absolutely modern.
Arthur Rimbaud (A Season in Hell -1873)

Canal Youtube Grupo Telegram de FreeCAD Español

My personal web site
My GitHub repository
Mini Airflow Tunnel Project