- Not really a bug, just an observation of something that isn't mentioned in the documentation: Number of Steps property (tooltip: number of risers in these stairs) is not the number of steps/risers in the object. The number of risers is actually Number of Steps - 1. Height is (Number of Steps + 1)*Riser Height. I guess it's assumed that the last step is the floor or whatever the stairs go to. Otherwise you need to increase Number of Steps by one and set Riser Height Enforce to Height / (NumberOfSteps - 1). This might be needed if, for example, the stairs are built from two arch stairs of different widths.
- Width of Landing documentation says: "If the Number Of Steps is 1, the stairs object acts as a landing." If I set Number of Steps to smaller than 3, either the stairs disappear completely (rails remain) or I continue to have the same number of steps/risers as with value 3. Not sure yet what causes the difference in behaviour.
- If Structure is Massive, the stairs / rails are in an eternal recompute loop. You recompute the rails and the stairs need recomputing, you recompute the stairs and then the rails need recomputing again, etc. Doesn't seem to happen with stringer structures.
- Stairs can't be rotated with rails. If rotation angle is negative, rails get duplicated. Recomputing doesn't help. See the first screenshot. If the rotation angle is positive, recomputing gets rid of duplicates but the rotation angle of stairs and rails is not the same. See the second screenshot.
- Create stairs. Change Landings to At Center. Change Landings back to None. Change Structure to Two Stringers. Observe that one of the rails now points to the sky. See the third screenshot. If you remove the stairs and create them again, now you get the same result just by changing the Structure -- no need to change Landings. If you restart FreeCAD, the landings step is needed again.
- Create stairs and set Landings to At Center. Observe that rails only cover the first part to the landing. See the fourth screenshot.
- Create stairs and set Structure to Two Stringers. Observe that stringers aren't in the model by default (see the third screenshot again), you need to set Stringer Width for them to appear. But when you do that, then the treads and risers disappear from the model. You need to set Tread Thickness and Riser Thickness to make them come back. So in some scenarios 0 means a meaningful default but not always.
- You can't use Arch Remove to remove something from stairs. Nothing is removed. I used Part_Cut as a workaround.
Code: Select all
OS: Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS (KDE/plasma) Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit Version: 0.20.24436 (Git) Build type: Debug Branch: master Hash: bf527ba5ed9cbde0813e702c2f3793fb55f5be7c Python 3.8.10, Qt 5.12.8, Coin 4.0.0, Vtk 7.1.1, OCC 7.3.0 Locale: English/United States (en_US) Installed mods: * 3DfindIT 1.2.0 * Render 2022.2.0 * BIM 2021.12.0 * Manipulator 1.4.9 * parts_library * dodo