Links and arch objects errors

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
dimitar

Links and arch objects errors

Post by dimitar »

Not sure if it's not implemented or I am doing something wrong, but I am noticing that std_link fails with architectural projects in some cases.

std_part works fine, but i don't like the behaviour of click through in a link, which arch_component does not exhibit.

FreeCAD_CAIhLWsiX3.png
FreeCAD_CAIhLWsiX3.png (27.63 KiB) Viewed 836 times

placing the std_part in a building_part or the elements individually in individual building_part renders nothing. I am guessing building_part is not supported yet by link objects

FreeCAD_63ogxvHUhn.png
FreeCAD_63ogxvHUhn.png (11.18 KiB) Viewed 836 times

Also, grouping objects in Std_part and then placing the part in arch_component does not render some elements. It seems to be excluding base iobject used used for mirror, and only including the mirrored legs. This seems to be an error with the arch_component because it appears this way without a making the a link from the component.

FreeCAD_9cgDdAjclq.png
FreeCAD_9cgDdAjclq.png (27.35 KiB) Viewed 836 times
dimitar

Re: Links and arch objects errors

Post by dimitar »

It must be something with the mirror. As, plain clones of the one leg, all inside of the part and then in a arch component works alright. I do still wish the building_part works with link though.
FreeCAD_w7H5XU2dne.png
FreeCAD_w7H5XU2dne.png (30.9 KiB) Viewed 824 times
paullee
Veteran

Re: Links and arch objects errors

Post by paullee »

Maybe you can post your model file to better illustrate the problem / bugs :)

Some earlier discussion about Links, BuildingPart, LinkGroup in architectural context:-

[ Feature ] Link to BuildingPart Not Working ?

[ LinkGroup ] Help, Wiki or Tutorial ?