Arch Survey improvement

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
rmmah

Arch Survey improvement

Post by rmmah »

Hello everyone
new features for the Arch 'survey command ... just suggestions
The features are:
- Total TEXT at the top of the tree widget to show the total and the count of the selected objects
- Botton to add a spreadsheet to the document to save your surveying data
- X.Y.Z coordinates instead of just z coordinate ...for the land surveying process
- Clear Botton now clear everything and start over
- Survey label is permanent

all this work is not finished yet and still need Yourik touch

here is the ArchCommands python file to test it
so don't forget to make a copy of your old ArchCommands file to back it again after test this one

1.png
1.png (199.89 KiB) Viewed 5725 times
1.png
1.png (199.89 KiB) Viewed 5725 times
2.png
2.png (176.63 KiB) Viewed 5725 times
3.png
3.png (195.64 KiB) Viewed 5725 times
Attachments
ArchCommands.py
(83.23 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Last edited by rmmah on Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
ragohix769

Re: Arch Survey improvement suggestions

Post by ragohix769 »

rmmah wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:46 pm
The features are:
- Total TEXT at the top of the tree widget to show the total and the count of the selected objects
- Botton to add a spreadsheet to the document to save your surveying data
- X.Y.Z coordinates instead of just z coordinate ...for the land surveying process
Simply AWESOME!

I use A LOT Arch Survey, and these new features are really useful for everyday use. Thanks a lot, I'll test it! :-)
After #ElonMuskBuyTwitter I'm no more on Twitter, that's really enough :-(
=> Now you can find me here on #Mastodon: https://mastodon.uno/@opensoul - I hope more people do the same :-)
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Looks great !

Need to use more this command :D
ragohix769

Post by ragohix769 »

I tested the mod ArchCommands.py, and there are some bugs I think, or at least some strange things.

If I change WB, IE, while survey it's open, then the survey label remain permanent and/or disappear/appear random on every clic. Suggestion: it can be useful to have a button to make "permanent" a specific survey label in the tree view.

Then: sum of the partial survey it's working, but if you add/remove survery_label it's not updated correctly. Here too a suggestion: for every row added in the surveylabel measure, it should be useful to add or remove some row rather then close every time survey and start from scratch. "Clear" button, it's not working (even to erase a label or only a text of the label).

Position of the surverylabel, it's not working for me very well (only baseline propertie it's working). Suggestion:it should be possibile to made some positioning of the labels and/or a button to avoid overlapping in 2D.

The "make sheet" for labels created it's working very well, great idea and I love it!
(this is to avoid to create every time a CSV file, the open it in Libreoffice, and edit it... It should be useful to have the choice to change the "." with the "," )
=> Now you can find me here on #Mastodon: https://mastodon.uno/@opensoul - I hope more people do the same :-)
rmmah

Post by rmmah »

ragohix769 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:56 am I tested the mod ArchCommands.py, and there are some bugs I think, or at least some strange things.

If I change WB, IE, while survey it's open, then the survey label remain permanent and/or disappear/appear random on every clic. Suggestion: it can be useful to have a button to make "permanent" a specific survey label in the tree view.
not very clear ...what do you mean by "the survey label ".... is it " the survey dialog "
Then: sum of the partial survey it's working, but if you add/remove survery_label it's not updated correctly. Here too a suggestion: for every row added in the surveylabel measure, it should be useful to add or remove some row rather then close every time survey and start from scratch.
good idea ...it is in progress now
"Clear" button, it's not working (even to erase a label or only a text of the label).
it is done .... take a look at the updated file
Position of the surverylabel, it's not working for me very well (only baseline propertie it's working). Suggestion:it should be possibile to made some positioning of the labels and/or a button to avoid overlapping in 2D.
again not very clear ... what is the surveylabel ...and what is the position means? there is no positioning
ragohix769

Post by ragohix769 »

rmmah wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:52 pm
not very clear ...what do you mean by "the survey label ".... is it " the survey dialog "
"Surveylabel" it's what is created in the tree view when you create measure. See the image attached.
it is done .... take a look at the updated file
Ok I'll test it ASAP! Thanks a lot for your effort, really appreciated!
Attachments
wepz.png
wepz.png (66.85 KiB) Viewed 5352 times
rmmah

Post by rmmah »

"Surveylabel" it's what is created in the tree view when you create measure. See the image attached.
now i see ... just close the survey dialog "it seems you forget to do that"
ragohix769

Post by ragohix769 »

rmmah wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:20 am
Ok, I know that I have to close the survey dialog, but the idea/suggestion was *exaclty* to make these "surveylabel" PERMANENT in some way, if someone want it (with a button to confirm in the dialog?), because I found very useful to have these label in the tree.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

This seems like an excellent addition! Will look at your code ASAP! (How about making a pull request? ;) )
rmmah

Post by rmmah »

ragohix769 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:22 am
rmmah wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:20 am
Ok, I know that I have to close the survey dialog, but the idea/suggestion was *exaclty* to make these "surveylabel" PERMANENT in some way, if someone want it (with a button to confirm in the dialog?), because I found very useful to have these label in the tree.
not finished yet ....but take a look at the updated file