Std_Placement & Placement

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kaktus
Veteran

Std_Placement & Placement

Post by kaktus »

;)

The Wiki contains two pages with a description of the Placement tool. Are both necessary :?:

https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Std_Placement

https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Placement

:idea:
Twórca polskiej wersji Wiki dla FreeCAD, współwórca polskiej wersji GUI.
"Cierpliwym być musisz, by wiedzę zgłębiać tajemną, gdyż ciemna strona mocy niszczącą i silną jest".
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Std_Placement & Placement

Post by chrisb »

kaktus wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:27 am The Wiki contains two pages with a description of the Placement tool. Are both necessary :?:
I prefer how the first one starts with the Placement dialog and no Python console. The second is of course the more exhaustive - and I had made a small contribution to it :mrgreen: .
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
NewJoker
Veteran

Post by NewJoker »

If I understand it correctly, the first one is just about the Std Placement command while the second one is about a concept of placement in general. So it makes sense to keep both. They even refer to each other at some point.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

NewJoker wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:44 pm So it makes sense to keep both.
The contents should not be discarded; they can well be placed on a single page though.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
kaktus
Veteran

Post by kaktus »

Such a solution seems reasonable to me.
Twórca polskiej wersji Wiki dla FreeCAD, współwórca polskiej wersji GUI.
"Cierpliwym być musisz, by wiedzę zgłębiać tajemną, gdyż ciemna strona mocy niszczącą i silną jest".
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

NewJoker wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:44 pm the first one is just about the Std Placement command while the second one is about a concept of placement in general. So it makes sense to keep both. They even refer to each other at some point.
This is how I see the pages as well. There are other command reference pages that could benefit from the same approach. F.e. Std_LinkMake.