Assembly 4 Workbench issues

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
WS222

Assembly 4 Workbench issues

Post by WS222 »

Hi Gents,

finally I decide to use Assembly Workbench 4 to check my parts before I order lasercut.
Beginning was promising until a modification in one of the parts (center frame side) and now all parts become invisible.
Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG (128.43 KiB) Viewed 1030 times
Project can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/mc724wqb ... 0ib0cqvsyp

Thanks in advance

Winfried

System: Win10
Assembly4: v0.12.4
ladis

Re: Assembly 4 Workbench issues

Post by ladis »

Indeed. Is there anything to prevent you from using newer version? Your model seems to be fine in 0.20.1. Assembly4 workbench v0.12.4 used for both Freecad 0.19.1 and 0.20.1
Zolko
Veteran

Re: Assembly 4 Workbench issues

Post by Zolko »

WS222 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:05 pm Beginning was promising until a modification in one of the parts (center frame side) and now all parts become invisible.
it's a 2.10m wingspan Horten. What aerodynamical design (airfoils, sweep and twist) do you use for it ?

Horten.png
Horten.png (416.97 KiB) Viewed 898 times

It opens correctly in v0.21, but not with v0.19. More importantly, you have a circular reference somewhere (Document::getDependentDocuments: The graph must be a DAG), and apparently v0.21 can handle it even though there is an error, while v0.19 can't. You should nook where this circular dependency comes from (Part A depending on Part B depending in Part C depending on Part A)

Also, you don't have to wrap each PartDesign Body (blue icon) into a Std_Part (yellow icon), you can – and should – use the PartDedign Bodies directly.
try the Assembly4 workbench for FreCAD — tutorials here and here