Pocket option doesn't work in Linkstage

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Raytonian

Pocket option doesn't work in Linkstage

Post by Raytonian »

I recently acquired 'FreeCAD-asm3-Stable-Win64-Py3-Qt5-20211015' and started using it in addition to Freecad version 0.19 and is busy discovering the marvel of this excellent extension but:
I successfully drew a model for machining on a 3-axis mill and started the path operation. I did the face and profile and drilling without problems but found that the pocket function was not working. When Pocket is selected, an entry appears under Operations but no editing is appearing under Combo view and double clicking renders no results.
After trying a number of times, I transferred the half developed project to Free Cad v 0.19 and successfully completed and posted it. I deleted the FreeCAD-asm3-Stable-Win64-Py3-Qt5-20211015 file, went to the zip file, re-unzipped a fresh copy and experienced the exact same condition.
Am I missing something or should I download a fresh copy of the zipped file?
I could not find any similar problems in the forum and would appreciate some help please.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Pocket option doesn't work in Linkstage

Post by chrisb »

Moved to Assembly. That's where the branch is discussed.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bambuko
Veteran

Re: Pocket option doesn't work in Linkstage

Post by bambuko »

You might get a quicker response from Realthunder if you post your question here:
https://github.com/realthunder/FreeCAD_assembly3/issues
I am using Link branch and Assembly3
you can also download ... and try it here
excellent Assembly3 tutorials here