A2+ - does it still require one part per file?

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
exsolvespacer

A2+ - does it still require one part per file?

Post by exsolvespacer »

As title, I see there are 2 ways to add parts to an assembly. There is the yellow "step" icon with a "+" and there is the same icon with a downwards green arrow.

Can I import multiple parts from the same file and it will still work? I'm having some problems so wanted to check. Thanks.
dan-miel

Re: A2+ - does it still require one part per file?

Post by dan-miel »

exsolvespacer wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:33 pm Can I import multiple parts from the same file and it will still work?
Yes, you can install multiple parts from the same file.
The yellow part with the plus sign inserts a part, you can insert as many part of the same file as you want.
The yellow part with the down arrow only inserts part of the file.
The icon with two yellow parts is a shortcut that lets you select a part that is already in the assembly, then select the icon and it will duplicate the part.

Dan
exsolvespacer

Re: A2+ - does it still require one part per file?

Post by exsolvespacer »

dan-miel wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:42 pm
exsolvespacer wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:33 pm Can I import multiple parts from the same file and it will still work?
Yes, you can install multiple parts from the same file.
The yellow part with the plus sign inserts a part, you can insert as many part of the same file as you want.
The yellow part with the down arrow only inserts part of the file.
The icon with two yellow parts is a shortcut that lets you select a part that is already in the assembly, then select the icon and it will duplicate the part.

Dan
Thanks.