[Sketcher] Issue #7442: Driven constraints on internal geometries cannot be made driving

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
openBrain
Veteran

Re: [Sketcher] Issue #7442: Driven constraints on internal geometries cannot be made driving

Post by openBrain »

@jnxd now the final changeset exactly looks like what I imagined in my first post. ;)

The about commits, commit 1 is canceled by commit 3, and changes to 'testDrivingChange' done in commit 3 are canceled on commit 4.
So I guess all in all more proper to squash commits 1+3+4 together. ;)
jnxd

Re: [Sketcher] Issue #7442: Driven constraints on internal geometries cannot be made driving

Post by jnxd »

openBrain wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:21 pm @jnxd now the final changeset exactly looks like what I imagined in my first post. ;)
Indeed it does.
openBrain wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:21 pm The about commits, commit 1 is canceled by commit 3, and changes to 'testDrivingChange` done in commit 3 are canceled on commit 4.
So I guess all in all more proper to squash commits 1+3+4 together. ;)
I'm still gonna leave this as such till final review if you don't mind. Sketcher is a bit more complex than even partdesign since even the lowest level stuff is done in house. So I'm a bit wary of moving things :oops: :shock:. If the construction checks are needed we can put them in testDrivingChange (Ideally should have started with that) and if we need separate methods we can still drop 3+4. If there is plan to redefine GeoUndef that can be done by removing 4.
My latest (or last) project: B-spline Construction Project.
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

Sorry guys for the unresponsiveness.

I have accepted the help from Chennes to help with the merging of this issue until I can come back to active development.

My hope is to return during October.