Automatically switching combo view to Task tab

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sliptonic
Veteran

Automatically switching combo view to Task tab

Post by sliptonic »

Is this new behaviour? Whenever I switch to the Part Design workbench, the comboview automatically switches to the task tab.

I suppose this is an effort to streamline things for the user but it's not very FreeCAD-ish. No other workbench behaves like that.
Is this desired behaviour? Can it be disabled?
wmayer
Founder

Re: Automatically switching combo view to Task tab

Post by wmayer »

Is this new behaviour? Whenever I switch to the Part Design workbench, the comboview automatically switches to the task tab.
No, this is the behaviour for several years now. I am too lazy to search for the exact commit but it was done during the v0.17 development.

Two years ago an option was implemented to disable this behaviour: git commit 4617e5484ac2

So, in the parameter editor go to BaseApp/Preferences/Mod/PartDesign and create the boolean key SwitchToTask and set its value to False.
hmk

Post by hmk »

wmayer wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:33 am So, in the parameter editor go to BaseApp/Preferences/Mod/PartDesign and create the boolean key SwitchToTask and set its value to False.
BTW, it's even documented: Fine-tuning
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

hmk wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:01 pm BTW, it's even documented: Fine-tuning
Yep, I tend to document switches when I introduce them. :lol: