Feature request : In sketcher be able to enter dimensions

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Feature request : In sketcher be able to enter dimensions

Post by Kunda1 »

paddle wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:12 am Ok so I read that I need to make sure my features ideas are interesting to be sure they will be integrated. So how does one do that? I posted here but I did not got any feedback.
How to get the feature on the bugtracker list?
Well.. if you get the green light from the community (in this case @chrisb) to open a ticket for a bug or feature request then read more on how to do that on the wiki Tracker page
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
PedjaS

Post by PedjaS »

paddle, I second your idea. I also believe it would be great improvement in shorting up number of moves and time.
paddle
Veteran

Post by paddle »

So I have been working on this and it's looking good.

I have one problem though. How to add the widget to the tasks window?

I checked TaskSketcherGeneral.cpp for reference, and found it's added to a variable called 'Content'.
So I'm trying to do

Code: Select all

settings = new TaskSketcherTool(sketchgui); //TaskSketcherTool is the class of my widget.
        Content.insert(settings);
But it keeps saying me 'Content' is not defined. What I don't understand is that I am including

#include <Gui/TaskView/TaskDialog.h>
in CommandCreateGeo where I need to create/destroy the widget when a tool is opened/closed.
I'm not understanding because I included the .h file where Content is defined so why is it not defined?

I checked the TaskPadParameter (class of the widget of Pad tool) to see how it's done, as it's called from the tool so I thought it would be similar.
However the Content.push_back is called from a class that seems to be made just for that.

TaskDlgPadParameters::TaskDlgPadParameters(ViewProviderPad *PadView, bool /*newObj*/)
    : TaskDlgSketchBasedParameters(PadView)
{
    assert(vp);
    Content.push_back ( new TaskPadParameters(PadView ) );
}
Any ideas?