Starting parts

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jmaustpc
Veteran

Re: Starting parts

Post by jmaustpc »

pinguindark wrote: I'm working in other version of GT2
your first post, welcome to FreeCAD.
pinguindark

Post by pinguindark »

Thank you jmaustpc
Tarzanete

Post by Tarzanete »

Hello everybody,

I'm totally new with github and freecad but I am creating a piping library. I have started drawing DN15 pieces (1/2") in order to get used with Freecad. My idea is completing a standard library of all the parts that are common in piping, including ISO figures as tees etc.
Please could you guide me in which directory should I include these kids do of objects. I've started by including them in one of my repositories (the only one right now). Please feel free to visit it in Tarzanete/Piping.
I need you help please because as I said I 'm totally new using github.

Thank you a lot.
Tremendous work what you have done!
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

Tarzanete wrote:Please could you guide me in which directory should I include these kids do of objects.
see here:https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-library
"fight the good fight"
petat

Post by petat »

Hello
I would like to publish some parts to FreeCAD-library
could somebody send me acces?
Thanks
Renato Rebelo

Post by Renato Rebelo »

Hello,
I would like to contribute with some parts, can I have access to git.
thank you,
Renato
my native language is not English, please excuse me any incorrectness, I apologize for any inconvenience caused, thank you
JV_3D

Post by JV_3D »

Hello,

I am trying to install the library via the FreeCAD addons (github: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-addons) since it state is the recommended tool, but it is not currently working.

I upload a screenshot:
Macro-error.jpg
Macro-error.jpg (77.02 KiB) Viewed 6849 times
I think the solution is to use the manual installation, right? Nevertheless, I wanted to let you guys know the issue.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

You need to install it via the Workbenches section. I must remove it from the MAcros list...
hedgehog

Post by hedgehog »

I am currently using some parts that are available under the license:
Creative Commons Attribution - Non Commercial - Share Alike 3.0 Unsupported Licence

Does the FreeCAD library license allow these models/files to be contributed. Obviously the original author would be acknowledged in the commit and the freeCAD files.

Appreciate any feed back.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

hedgehog wrote:Does the FreeCAD library license allow these models/files to be contributed
Yes! The only thing we want is to make sure that either the parts uploaded on the library were modelled by the author himself (not taken or converted from another model), or that the author explicitely agrees. Mostly to avoid that someone will come complaining that some model was "stolen"...

Best thing would be the author to make a pull request him/herself, so the merge got registered under his/her name...