Making Use Of A 3D Model On A Website 

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
rootofpi

Making Use Of A 3D Model On A Website 

Post by rootofpi »

Hello, 

I am looking to design a website with a 3D model that was designed in FreeCAD. but it's not animated. The model has a door spinner, so nothing is animated, so I need to take this model onto the website, and the website should have a toggle button. If the user clicks the button, the door should open. If you click on the spinner, it should move. And since I should only be allowed to use open-source software, what do you think I should do? The Cad file is in the step extension. Should I leave all animation to Javascript? Is there any software that can convert this CAD file to a website, or should I animate the CAD file in FreeCAD and then upload the model to a website? If yes, how can I do this? Please suggest
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Making Use Of A 3D Model On A Website 

Post by chrisb »

Yoi need three images: Door closed, door open and an animated gif opening the door. Exchange them with JavaScript. The animation can be done in FreeCAD, either manually with some Python, or using e.g. Assembly4 workbench.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
rootofpi

Post by rootofpi »

I have imported a step file in freecad but it's not showing a parts .
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

rootofpi wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:37 am I have imported a step file in freecad but it's not showing a parts .
What do you want to tell us? What kind of Step, what's the result?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
rootofpi

Post by rootofpi »

No Sorry I posted this mistakely .
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

rootofpi wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:32 pm No Sorry I posted this mistakely .
Ok. As long as there is no follow-up, you can delete your own posts.
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

webgl ?