Calculation issues

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

Erick-J

Calculation issues

Post by Erick-J »

Hello,
I have issues with my FEM thermomec results and I don't really understand what should I do to fix it.
When I run my simulation on my computer, the result that I obtain aren't consistant at all according to my lab result (I obtain temperature of about x10^6 °C) BUT when I use my teacher computer, wich is older and less powerfull than mine, the results are perfect. We checked everything and we have the same version and the same parameters (specialy for Calculix and Gmsh).
I point that we use exactly the same Macro for the simulation.

Does anyone know what should I do to solve this issue ?
Thank you,
NewJoker
Veteran

Re: Calculation issues

Post by NewJoker »

Are FreeCAD versions also the same on both computers ? Export the input files and compare them in a text editor (like Notepad++ or gVim). If they are exactly the same then it might be a bug in CalculiX and it would be good to report it for potential fixing but for this purpose, you would have to share the input file of this or a similar model exhibiting the same issue.
Erick-J

Post by Erick-J »

Files and version are exactly the same (the only variation are the path). I'll report the bug then, thank you.
NewJoker
Veteran

Post by NewJoker »

Try submitting from the command line using CalculiX executable directly to definitely exclude FreeCAD’s fault.

I’m afraid that input file will be needed to resolve the potential bug in CalculiX. Maybe you could simplify it if you don’t want to share your geometry.