Bernd

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

bernd
Veteran

Bernd

Post by bernd »

Hi FreeCAD folk ... time runs really fast ... Just realized my last active post was this one ... https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 49#p559949 half a year ago. :o after posting 8 and a half year nearly every day ...

I am not away, I just have nearly stopped hacking on FEM. I might come back but to FEM but not at the amount of work I did before the 8th of january 2022. I still use FreeCAD on a daily base. Furthermore I do use FreeCADCMD and IfcOpenShell and BIMTester from IfcOpenShell at work to test BIM-modells. I have invested a lot of time here to get this up. Any BIM-model made in the company is tested by the FreeCAD BIMTester. I still need to sort out a lot to get most of it back to IfcOpenShell.

Ahh Why did I do not post any post ... On 13th of august 2021 we got our second child. His name is Konrad. He does not like to see his dad sleeping :o horrible nights ... Because of the setup for BIMTesting I am overwhelmed with work at work. Ahh and I only work for 60 %. The other 50 % I am home dad while my wife is at work. No long parental leave ins Switzerland, 3 month for the women and 2 weeks for the men. Anyway we have a wonderfull time with konrad.

Ahh as many of you know I still run the CI for master and all PR. To maintain this takes some time too. I spend some time yesterday to further improve the scripts. Thus less work for me is neede.

cheers bernd

some private messages ... Something to do ...
thschrader
Veteran

Re: Bernd

Post by thschrader »

bernd wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:03 pm ...
On 13th of august 2021 we got our second child. His name is Konrad.
Congratulations!
Good to see you back again.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

bernd wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:03 pm His name is Konrad.
Congratulations!
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

congrats @bernd
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Congrats!
You are missed!
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
user1234
Veteran

Post by user1234 »

As long a new born child is the reason for abstinence (and not a catastrophe, illness, dead, overwork or anything bad), this is a good thing. Congrats!

Greetings
user1234
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

user1234 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:01 pm As long a new born child is the reason for abstinence (and not a catastrophe, illness, dead, overwork or anything bad), this is a good thing. Congrats!
I think we can rule out abstinence :lol:
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
user1234
Veteran

Post by user1234 »

Maybe something lost in translation.

Greetings
user1234
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

Congratulations! @bernd :D
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Congratulations and nice to see that you are still around.