FEM analyze on super tiny objects

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

RawrRanger

FEM analyze on super tiny objects

Post by RawrRanger »

I've been tried to use the FEM analyze on very small objects that is with a dimension of a few nano meter or several micron.

but quickly run into a problem that the indicator of a fixed anchor condtrains or applying load is huge compares to my model,

once those constrains is applied, it blocks the whole object rendering it very difficult to edit.

Whether there's any option or work around for customizing the size or opacity of these indicators?

thanks!
NewJoker
Veteran

Re: FEM analyze on super tiny objects

Post by NewJoker »

From what I know, there's no such option. You may have to hide (using spacebar) these constraints if they obscure the view.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

AFAIK there is currently no way to scale down the indicators of the constraints. I will open a feature request for it.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

RawrRanger

Post by RawrRanger »

Thank you wmayer, the objects I'm working on contains complex and weird boundary that requires constrains

if the size of the indicators can be scaled according to the surface area or can be adjusted by slide bars

or can be turned off and shows a highlighted surface will be super helpful.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

RawrRanger wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:11 am I've been tried to use the FEM analyze on very small objects that is with a dimension of a few nano meter or several micron.
Be careful! The solvers supported by FreeCAD use equations that are usually only valid above the micrometer range. So unless you checked the physics behind the solver equations, be skeptic about the results you get.

----------------

Besides this, it would of course be nice to scale the constraint indicators.