How to determine the amount of stress necessary for this shelf to rip out of the wall?

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

Karton

How to determine the amount of stress necessary for this shelf to rip out of the wall?

Post by Karton »

I designed this shelf for magazines, made wholly out of wood:
SharedScreenshot.jpg
SharedScreenshot.jpg (78.33 KiB) Viewed 1083 times
Now I wonder how to interpret the result.

My goal is to use screws and dowels in the wall through the wood at the lower part.
I need to know, with the average weight of maximum X grams for magazines plus minor forces of putting them down(and movement in the other direction by lifting them up), will the dowels rip out of the wall?

How do I determine this?
Die Schwierigkeiten des Verstandes zu studieren mag dich zu einem guten Psychologen machen, es wird dich aber nicht über den Verstand hinausbringen, genau wie das Erforschen von Verrücktheit nicht genug ist, um geistige Gesundheit herzustellen.
NewJoker
Veteran

Re: How to determine the amount of stress necessary for this shelf to rip out of the wall?

Post by NewJoker »

First of all, you should refine the mesh significantly - it’s way too coarse.

You could model the fastener holes, apply fixed constraint to them and then evaluate reaction forces.
Karton

Re: How to determine the amount of stress necessary for this shelf to rip out of the wall?

Post by Karton »

You could model the fastener holes, apply fixed constraint to them and then evaluate reaction forces.
How do I view reaction forces and how much stress can a wall/dowels stand?
I need some numbers to work with, if you don't know them, where do I find them?
Die Schwierigkeiten des Verstandes zu studieren mag dich zu einem guten Psychologen machen, es wird dich aber nicht über den Verstand hinausbringen, genau wie das Erforschen von Verrücktheit nicht genug ist, um geistige Gesundheit herzustellen.
NewJoker
Veteran

Post by NewJoker »

Karton wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:30 am How do I view reaction forces and how much stress can a wall/dowels stand?
They are written by default for fixed constraint set. Their totals can be found in the ccx_dat_file displayed in the Analysis tree.
Karton wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:30 am I need some numbers to work with, if you don't know them, where do I find them?
It might be hard to determine the withdrawal strength of a dowel pin. Physical measurement might be necessary unless this data is provided by the manufacturer (which is unlikely).
thschrader
Veteran

Post by thschrader »

Karton wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:30 am How do I view reaction forces and how much stress can a wall/dowels stand?
I need some numbers to work with, if you don't know them, where do I find them?
Here is an example:
Define the bolt-holes separatly as fixings, in this case 4 fixings.
The upper bolts have a x-fixing alone, to avoid restraint-forces.
After running ccx, you get the ccx-dat file in the model tree, doublecick opens file.
There you find the xyz reactions.
You can check the result by hand.
The possible anchor load depends highly on the wall-structure (concrete?wood?)
For calculating the anchors use this:
https://www.fischer.de/de-de/service/pl ... fline#cfix

File with cleared mesh:
console.FCStd
(38.85 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
console001.JPG
console001.JPG (34.96 KiB) Viewed 1024 times
console002.JPG
console002.JPG (91.58 KiB) Viewed 1024 times
Karton

Post by Karton »

Es geht um 10 N inklusive Druck beim Abnehmen. Ich habe in meinem neuen Design unten stattdessen einen Winkel angebracht.
SharedScreenshot2.jpg
SharedScreenshot2.jpg (22.61 KiB) Viewed 983 times
Dein Programm C-Fix funktioniert bei einem so kleinen Winkel nicht, auch fehlen hier die Schrauben, die ich verwende.

Das Programm ist für freischwebende Treppen und andere mit 1 kN aufwärts belastete Elemente gedacht, bei denen auch Innenprofile vorkommen.

Leider läßt es sich nicht für diesen Zweck verwenden, es weigert sich wegen unterschrittener Mindestabstände.

Ich dachte mir allerdings, als ich die Ergebnisse von FreeCAD anschaute
total force (fx,fy,fz) for set CONSTRAINTFIXED and time 0.1000000E+01

1.162909E-08 7.011762E-10 3.475152E+01
Folgendes: Die Fläche des Winkels ist 0,056 m x 0,056 m = 0,003136 m² =>

Zug = 34,75 N / 0,003136 = 11081 N/m². Nehmen wir vier Standard 8mm Dübel und dazu 8cm Schrauben, die gemeinsam in einen Backstein gehen, wird es halten?
thschrader
Veteran

Post by thschrader »

Hi,
some more infos would be nice.
x=? vertical distance anchors
y=? distance load--wall

10 N payload is not much... 1x sixpack beer...
Is selfweight included?
Are you sure the wall is made of solid brick and not of hollow stones?

Google for "fischer dübel zulässige belastung" (in english. acceptable anchor loading)
You get some pdfs from Fischer with max anchor loading.
Thomas
more-infos-needed.JPG
more-infos-needed.JPG (24.42 KiB) Viewed 966 times
Karton

Post by Karton »

Wenn ich einen Dübel in der Wand festsetze, eine Schraube reindrehe und ein Newtonmeter dranhänge, so stark daran ziehe, bis ich ein Knistern höre, weiß ich die Maximalbelastung. Das ganze mal vier muß über der Maximalbelastung von 34 Newton bleiben.
Das heißt, kann ich mit 12 Newton problemlos ziehen, hält es.
thschrader
Veteran

Post by thschrader »

Dein ccx-dat Wert von 34 N ist die resultierende Lagerkraft in Z-Richtung, also ein integraler Wert.
Du hast aber auch noch ein Einspannmoment, das in der ccx-dat nicht angezeigt wird,
weil die x/y Lagerkräfte in der Summe Null sind. Aber nicht lokal.
Deine Konstruktion dreht sich um den Lagerwinkel, und diese Drehung muss durch das Dübelpaar
verhindert werden. Rechne es halt zu fuß, so wie oben gezeigt.
Karton

Post by Karton »

Ich kann deine Rechnung ab "maxz:= 917" nicht nachvollziehen.
https://shop.layer-grosshandel.de/richtig-duebeln.html wrote:Für leichte bis mittelschwere Lasten sind hier Universaldübel oder Spreizdübel mit sechs bis acht Millimetern Durchmesser erste Wahl. Die Spreizdübel dehnen sich beim Eindrehen der Schraube in mehrere Richtungen aus und verhaken sich so im harten Untergrund. Entsprechende 8 mm-Dübel halten locker 25 bis 45 Kilogramm.
Gut, also 250 bis 442 Newton pro Dübel.

Ich habe nun in den Bohrlöchern mit ConstraintFixed Werte ermitteln lassen und erhalte

Code: Select all

total force (fx,fy,fz) for set CONSTRAINTFIXED and time  0.1000000E+01

3.500005E+00  1.162266E+00  4.167961E+00

total force (fx,fy,fz) for set CONSTRAINTFIXED001 and time  0.1000000E+01

2.418345E+00 -1.086037E+00  3.990369E+00

total force (fx,fy,fz) for set CONSTRAINTFIXED002 and time  0.1000000E+01

-3.275454E+00  7.308675E-02  8.191914E-01

total force (fx,fy,fz) for set CONSTRAINTFIXED003 and time  0.1000000E+01

-2.642896E+00 -1.493157E-01  8.324783E-01
bzw.

Code: Select all

3,50    1,16    4,17
2,42    -1,09    3,99
-3,28    0,07    0,82
-2,64    -0,15    0,83
=================		

0,00    0,00    9,81(Ich habe 1kg als Masse genommen).
Ich weiß also, daß ein Dübel 442 Newton aushält, welche Kraft ist damit gemeint und welche Kraft ist mit den Kräften die mir Freecad ausgegeben hat gemeint und wie stehen sie im Zusammenhang?