Ticket #3932 - Selecting solids on interior of CompSolid

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

chrisb
Veteran

Re: Ticket #3932 - Selecting solids on interior of CompSolid

Post by chrisb »

ddovod wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:40 pm Probably there're some dev/nightly build
You find the latest precompiled versions here: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-AppI ... kly-builds.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
ddovod

Post by ddovod »

Thanks a lot! Unfortunately, the latest nightly build fails earlier, I'll try the next one
ManuelVie

Post by ManuelVie »

Hello,

I´m trying to set up a thermo simulation of a plastic encapsulated PCB. However, I bump into the problem of selecting interior solids. I´m using Freecad 0.20.1 on Win 11. I tried installing the Selection Tools but unfortunately the macro let´s Freecad crash on startup (During initialization the error "inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation (ListSelect.py, line 145)" occurred in /InitGui.py). Are there any important aspects I need to consider when installing Selection Tools on win 11 and Freecad 0.20.1. Alternatively, is there another way to select internal solids?

Thank you
Manuel
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

ManuelVie wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:24 pm I tried installing the Selection Tools but unfortunately the macro let´s Freecad crash on startup (During initialization the error "inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation (ListSelect.py, line 145)" occurred in /InitGui.py).
You should be able to fix this yourself by replacing all tabs with the equivalent number of spaces.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
ManuelVie

Post by ManuelVie »

Thank you chrisb,

I was able to solve the error with the tabs/spaces. Unfortunately a new error occured during FreeCad start-up with the SelectionTools:

"During initialization the error "'PySide2.QtCore.qRegisterResourceData' called with wrong argument types:
PySide2.QtCore.qRegisterResourceData(int, str, str, str)
Supported signatures: PySide2.QtCore.qRegisterResourceData(int, bytes, bytes, bytes)""

After searching around I´m afraid it has something to do with the used PySide/PyQt modul itself.

Are there any suggestions/instructions to get the selectionTools runing under Freecad 0.20.1. and Win 11

Thank you.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Sorry, someone else has to jump in.