PR eaten, maybe

Post here if you have re-based and finalised code to integrate into master, which was discussed, agreed to and tested in other forums. You can also submit your PR directly on github.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
FreddyFreddy

PR eaten, maybe

Post by FreddyFreddy »

Darned newbies... Created my first PR (6783) and initially it was locked (as are all first posts). The lock appears to have been lifted. Thanks!

BUT, after lodging that firt PR, and without understanding the locking thing, I also lodged another. Well I think I did it right. Anyway, there is no sign of it. Would it be right to assume it got eaten?

Just re-lodge?

EDIT: "1 workflow awaiting approval" is still in that state. Thought it had gone.
Last edited by FreddyFreddy on Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: PR eaten, maybe

Post by adrianinsaval »

what is locking in your mind? do you mean closed? I see one closed and one open PR from you:
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull ... s%3Aclosed

if you intended to create a third PR, maybe you didn't finish the creation process
FreddyFreddy

Post by FreddyFreddy »

adrianinsaval wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:59 pm what is locking in your mind? do you mean closed? I see one closed and one open PR from you:
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull ... s%3Aclosed

if you intended to create a third PR, maybe you didn't finish the creation process
No, the closed PR was a first (bad) attempt, so I bailed out almost immediately to spare embarrassment. So not counting that one.

By 'locking' I refer to the process whereby a first PR from a user is held pending approval to proceed, and blocks further PRs, to prevent spurious unwanted PRs being processed. Forgive me I can't remember exactly the words.

So I'm wondering if another PR lodged during the lock period gets eaten, ignored, whatever. Pretty sure I lodged correctly. I'm reluctant to rush in and lodge again in case the blocked one magically reappears.

EDIT I guess wait a day and relodge.
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

I don't know if the CI system is blocking you, but I went ahead and triggered the CI run on your Clang formatting PR, we'll see if that clears up the issue.
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
GitHub profile, LinkedIn profile, chrishennes.com
florian1991

Post by florian1991 »

If you mean this:
Bildschirmfoto vom 2022-04-25 19-20-05.png
Bildschirmfoto vom 2022-04-25 19-20-05.png (71 KiB) Viewed 7608 times
This is a Github thing:
It only prevents the automatic CI run (in this case the spell checker run) for first-time contributors. (See: https://github.blog/2021-04-22-github-a ... ad-actors/ ).
FreddyFreddy

Post by FreddyFreddy »

chennes wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:21 pm but I went ahead and triggered the CI run on your Clang formatting PR.
Thanks!
The other PR hasn't magically appeared, so maybe it did get eaten. I'll lodge again.
Cheers!
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

So I'm a little confused, you want to submit a PR different from https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/6783 ? If by locked you mean the status of the checks:
Captura de pantalla 2022-04-25 133210.png
Captura de pantalla 2022-04-25 133210.png (31.04 KiB) Viewed 7590 times
these shouldn't block anything, it's possible to merge PRs that fail some test, although not always advisable. It also doesn't block pushing changes to that PR or submitting other PRs.

Anyways, IMO you should just go ahead and try again submitting your PR, worst case scenario you'll have to close a duplicate.
FreddyFreddy

Post by FreddyFreddy »

Apologies to the community if I am unnecessarily wasting resources by bailing out of PRs and starting again when I lose the plot. :cry: