PR #6506 Shortcut Manager

Post here if you have re-based and finalised code to integrate into master, which was discussed, agreed to and tested in other forums. You can also submit your PR directly on github.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
realthunder
Veteran

PR #6506 Shortcut Manager

Post by realthunder »

https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/6506

Visit the link above to see demo video.

Support longest key sequence match with user defined delay (configurable through 'Customize -> Keyboard -> Key sequence delay'). For example, shortcuts 'F', and 'F, F' can now coexist without any problem.

Supports user defined priority to resolve shortcut conflict through 'Customize -> Keyboard'.
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
realthunder
Veteran

Re: PR #6506 Shortcut Manager

Post by realthunder »

abdullah wrote: Ping
Do you think it's worth re-considering the recently changed default shortcuts of Sketcher?
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
abdullah
Veteran

Re: PR #6506 Shortcut Manager

Post by abdullah »

realthunder wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:04 am
abdullah wrote: Ping
Do you think it's worth re-considering the recently changed default shortcuts of Sketcher?
It is always worth to improve.

If I got the idea right, you allow single key shortcuts by inserting a small configurable delay before execution to wait for an additional keystroke, so that they do not interfere with multiple key shortcuts. I do not see any issue with having additional functionality (actually, as the delay is configurable, I do not foresee impact for people with disabilities requiring longer press or longer time between presses either).

As for the specific sketcher shortcuts, I do not think it clashes with this PR. Maybe I am wrong. If this is PR is merged, it will definitely trigger a review. If we can have better more comfortable shortcuts, I see no reason not to have them :)

Here is a good place to discuss potential improvements for specific combinations of keys for sketcher shortcuts:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... s&start=60