facemill problems

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Connor

Re: facemill problems

Post by Connor »

Whatever, I'm just saying, the tool tip says "The amount of material that should be left by this operation in relation to the target shape" and that's NOT what it's doing. No additional material is being left. By specifying the "Allowance", your telling the cutter to go beyond what dimensions of the stock to take off everything. Very confusing. Again, the Clear Edges check box would be what I would expect for the desired behavior, or even have this as default behavior when used with Boundary shape: Stock.
freman
Veteran

Post by freman »

You are correct , it is mislabelled and confusing. Gene was agreeing with you too.
Connor

Post by Connor »

OKay. I was thinking he was saying he was agreeing with me being confused and it was working correctly. :)
freman
Veteran

Post by freman »

I did get that impression at first.
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

Sorry, I often quote just a tiny amount to make sure the poster is notified. The mini-quote was clearly misleading in this case. :oops:

Gene
Connor

Post by Connor »

Ha, it's all good.
GeneFC wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:57 pm Sorry, I often quote just a tiny amount to make sure the poster is notified. The mini-quote was clearly misleading in this case. :oops:

Gene