Unit Testing / TDD

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chennes
Veteran

Re: Unit Testing / TDD

Post by chennes »

wmayer wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:24 pm And about Visual Studio I don't know which frameworks it supports. Today I have tested the two frameworks (Google Test and QtUnit) and it only found the Google tests.
I was able to run the Google tests in Visual Studio today without issue, so it's working fine on my end. In the long term should we integrate this into our Test workbench? Since the test is just a standalone executable it shouldn't be too bad to wrap it.
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
GitHub profile, LinkedIn profile, chrishennes.com
wmayer
Founder

Re: Unit Testing / TDD

Post by wmayer »

In the long term should we integrate this into our Test workbench? Since the test is just a standalone executable it shouldn't be too bad to wrap it.
I don't think this should be necessary because the unit tests must be repeatable on any environment and if they pass on one environment then they must pass on all environments, i.e. they are superfluous on the users' systems. If the repeatability is not guaranteed then there is a problem with the tests.