[To be reworked] Sketcher Tool settings : testers welcome!

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: [To be reworked] Sketcher Tool settings : testers welcome!

Post by Kunda1 »

Welcome back @abdullah! :D
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
paddle
Veteran

Post by paddle »

abdullah wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:23 pm
openBrain wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:19 pm Good to see you.
Also wish you good luck to handle merge conflicts. :lol:
Something tells me there has been activity in my absence and that I may not want to actually open github... I will take reintegration slowly.
Hi Abdullah !
Glad you're back!
You'll see in our PR discussion I made some modifications for the construction mode (icons vs dropdown) and I implemented 3p rectangle (well 3p parallelogram, but it will do 3p rectangle once snap feature will be implemented) (discussed here: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 7&start=40). I also solved a few things that OpenBrain mentioned in his list. So before going through those points it may be better to cherry pick the last commits on my paddle_widget_testing branch.

Regarding the conflicts, it's very tedious work. I don't understand, why the development version isn't used for development? I would have guess that's the actual purpose of the dev version. If we had merged the tools that were almost ready at that point, then we wouldn't have conflict issues.
jnxd

Post by jnxd »

abdullah wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:01 pm I am sorry I have been absent.

I have read the messages of this thread and I see there is some work to do. I will try to get up to date and think about how to handle feedback and move forward.
Welcome back Abdullah!
My latest (or last) project: B-spline Construction Project.
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

Unfortunately, it was a false attempt of returning.

I have this topic well in mind. I am set to get this right, so that it is acceptable for everybody.

New timeline is that I return during this October.