[To be reworked] Sketcher Tool settings : testers welcome!

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
abdullah
Veteran

Re: [Merge Imminent- Test Now!!] Sketcher Tool settings : testers welcome!

Post by abdullah »

user1234 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:44 pm A few warings i noticed while compiling:
Yes, I am aware. They belong to other DSHs (not the ones being tested). Thanks for noting it though.
user1234 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:01 pm The only issue i found atm, was while when making splines, there are heavy lags.
Oh! That is indeed unexpected, as the code for splines has not changed... maybe something related to building in Debug mode?
user1234 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:01 pm That the task tab are now pretty long is an other thing. Also this should be optional, for people they do not need it. But nice feature.
I was hopping not to have to make it optional. The tendency being to enrich tools, it will be eventually necessary for some tools to work. I was hopping that the fact that it only appears while the supported tool is being used, would make it more acceptable to those concerned with Task panel space.

However, I take every feedback seriously, if this is felt indeed as an issue, I will try to find a way to make it configurable.
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

I cloned the aforementioned git hub and attempting to compile results in:

Code: Select all

-- The imported target "vtkParseOGLExt" references the file
   "/usr/bin/vtkParseOGLExt-7.1"
but this file does not exist.  Possible reasons include:
* The file was deleted, renamed, or moved to another location.
* An install or uninstall procedure did not complete successfully.
* The installation package was faulty and contained
   "/usr/lib/cmake/vtk-7.1/VTKTargets.cmake"
but not all the files it references.

-- The imported target "vtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets" references the file
   "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libvtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.so"

-- The imported target "vtk" references the file
   "/usr/bin/vtk"

-- The imported target "pvtk" references the file
   "/usr/bin/pvtk"

-- VTK components: vtkCommonCore;vtkCommonDataModel;vtkFiltersVerdict;vtkIOXML;vtkFiltersCore;vtkFiltersGeneral;vtkIOLegacy;vtkFiltersExtraction;vtkFiltersSources;vtkFiltersGeometry;vtkIOMPIParallel;vtkParallelMPI;vtkhdf5;vtkFiltersParallelDIY2;vtkRenderingCore;vtkInteractionStyle;vtkRenderingFreeType;vtkRenderingOpenGL2
-- Check for medfile (libmed and libmedc) ...
-- We guess that libmed was built using hdf5-openmpi version
-- Found unsuitable Qt version "5.15.2" from /usr/bin/qmake
Qt QTOPENGL library not found.
Qt QTSVG library not found.
Qt QTUITOOLS library not found.
Qt QTWEBKIT library not found.
Qt QTGUI library not found.
Qt QTXML library not found.
Qt QTNETWORK library not found.
Qt QTCORE library not found.
CMake Error at cMake/FreeCAD_Helpers/SetupQt.cmake:26 (message):
  ========================

Qt4 libraries not found.

========================

Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:62 (include)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/mac/fc-abdullah-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/mac/fc-abdullah-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
Script Execution Time: 0.37 seconds
I routinely compile master and master/topo.

What am I missing?
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
user1234
Veteran

Post by user1234 »

abdullah wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:44 pm
user1234 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:01 pm The only issue i found atm, was while when making splines, there are heavy lags.
Oh! That is indeed unexpected, as the code for splines has not changed... maybe something related to building in Debug mode?
I recompile it (with make clean) with release flag and can confirm, that this was the issue, there is no lag more.

abdullah wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:44 pm I was hopping not to have to make it optional.
I must say, even this is a nice feature, i will never use it (and i am pretty sure, the most CAD users with experice in other "newer" (with new i mean newer then 2000) CADs will also not use it). Also it take too much important space in the taskview, even in a 4K screen. The advanced solver is more important for me. Also (i think) this is a feature for people who can not get rid of the old AutoCAD input schematic, so i think it should be optional (and i also would say switched off per default). The jumping of the taskview (tool settings appear, tool settings disappear) is also a reason, why i do not like it.

drmacro wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:10 pm What am I missing?
You cloned the master of the git repository. You must clone the branch paddle_widget_testing of the repository. Like:

git clone -b paddle_widget_testing https://github.com/abdullahtahiriyo/FreeCAD_sf_master.git path_to_the_sourcecodefolder

Greetings
user1234
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

user1234 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:35 pm What am I missing?
You cloned the master of the git repository. You must clone the branch paddle_widget_testing of the repository. Like:

git clone -b paddle_widget_testing https://github.com/abdullahtahiriyo/FreeCAD_sf_master.git path_to_the_sourcecodefolder
[/quote]

Thanks. Missed the paddle_widget_testing branch part...git confuses me most of the time, so nothing has changed. :( :oops:
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
user1234
Veteran

Post by user1234 »

drmacro wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:48 pm git confuses me most of the time, so nothing has changed.
Everytime i use git with a command, which i do not know, or something unexpected happens, the search engine of my choice is not far away.

Greetings
user1234
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

user1234 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:00 pm
drmacro wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:48 pm git confuses me most of the time, so nothing has changed.
Everytime i use git with a command, which i do not know, or something unexpected happens, the search engine of my choice is not far away.

Greetings
user1234
Unless you have a good idea or are using git regularly, most of what I find (on the web and in the manual I have) might as well be written in Klingon.

But, the error didn't indicate it was a git issue to me. What about the error was the clue that it was the wrong branch?
user1234
Veteran

Post by user1234 »

drmacro wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:29 pm But, the error didn't indicate it was a git issue to me.
Since the was a Qt4 warning, i know the source you cloned is pretty old, since there is no Qt4 support since a long time. Then i looked on the master branch of the git repository and saw, that is pretty old. So it was pretty clear to me, that is was the wrong branch. I learned to copy the correct branch also around a half year ago.

Greetings
user1234
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

user1234 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:35 pm so i think it should be optional (and i also would say switched off per default).
While I agree it's better to make it optional so those who don't want it don't have to put up with it IMO it should be on by default, otherwise very few people who might want it will discover it. And for those who don't want it it is a one time nuisance to go and disable it.
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

After I got it built I did a quick test of the offset and it crashed FC. I need to test more tomorrow.
bleber

Post by bleber »

DSH Line

Missing mode; point, oritzontal and vertical lenght.
if you click first point and change mode "m" these initial point is discarded.