Back port commits to 0.19 branch

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sliptonic
Veteran

Re: Back port commits to 0.19 branch

Post by sliptonic »

chennes wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:00 pm Maybe just git commit 9fbd22745?
sliptonic wrote: Ping.
Resolved. Added two PR commits to the list.
torsen

Post by torsen »

Thanks.
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

It's not exactly a back port (I haven't merged it yet, and the code will be different on the 0.19 branch), but the Pyrate workbench has migrated from GitHub to salsa.debian.org, and the Addon Manager does not currently support Salsa. It's got some things in common with GitHub and some with GitLab, so adding support for it is just a matter of adding additional "or" clauses to a few conditionals in addonmanager_utilities.py. What do you think about adding support for Salsa in 0.19.3?
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
GitHub profile, LinkedIn profile, chrishennes.com
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

chennes wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:15 am What do you think about adding support for Salsa in 0.19.3?
Sounds reasonable, thus +1
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

The other question for Addon manager is whether to backport support for branches not called "master" -- in our current github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-Addons submodule file there are already a few. Those don't work under the current 0.19.2. Should we include that support in 0.19.3?
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
GitHub profile, LinkedIn profile, chrishennes.com
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

chennes wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:52 am The other question for Addon manager is whether to backport support for branches not called "master" -- in our current github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-Addons submodule file there are already a few. Those don't work under the current 0.19.2. Should we include that support in 0.19.3?
IMHO, 0.19.3 should be purely bugfixing with regard to core and this doesn't fit the criteria.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

Addons are a very important part of using FreeCAD and The ones that are not compatible with 0.19 addon manager will still be shown, I'll consider that a bug
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

adrianinsaval wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:37 am Addons are a very important part of using FreeCAD and The ones that are not compatible with 0.19 addon manager will still be shown, I'll consider that a bug
This is also my opinion. So +1 from me to backport this.

@chennes, I am aware of that we are a bit delayed with 0.19.3. I would like to prepare the release this weekend, hence everything to be backported should go in the next 48 hours. Then we have a stable base to build the different release packages.
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

chennes wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:52 am Should we include that support in 0.19.3?
I think we would need also the solution that covered the STEP colors regression... (plus import/export transparency feature)
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 17#p539017
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 36#p539136
andr.syn wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:02 pm Hello, everyone!
Does anyone notice that colors in STEP models exported from FreeCAD are wrong?
I mean the case when you open them in a different program (if you import those STEPs back in FreeCAD colors would be the same).
But opened with another program, colors do not just look differently at the screen, they have different RGB values.

This problem began from FreeCAD version 0.19, and version 0.20 still has it.
Wile using version 0.18 I did not see such a problem.

I use STEP models made in FreeCAD for my Altium Designer projects.
Here is a simple example of how it looks.
In attached picture Cubes_FreeCAD.png you can see 3 cubes as they look on the FreeCAD screen.
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 37#p531837
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

easyw-fc wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:42 pm I think we would need also the solution that covered the STEP colors regression... (plus import/export transparency feature)
Fine with me, but what PR or commit should be backported?