[completed] Release notes for FreeCAD 0.20

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
uwestoehr
Veteran

Re: Release notes for FreeCAD 0.20

Post by uwestoehr »

uwestoehr wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:55 pm Yes. This is valuable info. I created now a section to list the new, removed or changed APIs:
https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Release_notes_0.20#API

Please add there the changes you see in the commit logs.
I could not resist and did this now 8-)
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

I think we could mention 1) the new freecad.org domain and 2) the switch from mantis to github issues.. Not sure this is appropriate on a release notes page?
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

yorik wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:06 pm I think we could mention 1) the new freecad.org domain and 2) the switch from mantis to github issues.. Not sure this is appropriate on a release notes page?
Done:
https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Release_notes_0.20#General

Can you please review this since I don't know if KiCAD sponsored the new domain or who else.
user1234
Veteran

Post by user1234 »

wandererfan implemented in TechDraw: Grid

- is/are a view property/ies of the object page
0.png
0.png (118.41 KiB) Viewed 5607 times

- default preferences for new pages can be set in the preferences menu
1.png
1.png (116.33 KiB) Viewed 5607 times

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?t=66416

Greetings
user1234
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

user1234 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:02 am wandererfan implemented in TechDraw: Grid
@wandererfan, can you please have a look and update the Wiki page(s) accodingly?
wandererfan wrote: .
NewJoker
Veteran

Post by NewJoker »

uwestoehr wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:31 am @wandererfan, can you please have a look and update the Wiki page(s) accodingly?
wandererfan wrote: .
I just added this to the release notes but of course you may want to expand it.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

uwestoehr wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:31 am @wandererfan, can you please have a look and update the Wiki page(s) accodingly?
Already done.
NewJoker wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:52 am I just added this to the release notes but of course you may want to expand it.
Thank you. Looks fine.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

uwestoehr wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:18 pm Can you please review this since I don't know if KiCAD sponsored the new domain or who else.
Done! Thanks!
alafr

Post by alafr »

Hello,

New properties in the Arch Structure objects:
BasePerpendicularToTool : it copies the Base (extrusion profile) at the begining of the Tool (extrusion path) and places it perpendicular to the first edge of the tool. It is the same as attaching the Base with MapMode=NormalToEdge, but its automatic and allows to reuse the same Base object for multiple Structures.

When BasePerpendicularToTool = True, more properties control the placement of the Base relative to the Tool axis. They are shown in the attached image.

ToolOffsetFirst and ToolOffsetLast : extend/trim the Structure at the start and end respectively (the real length of the Structure is available in the ComputedLength readonly property)
BaseRotation : rotate the Base (the rotation is around the Base's "(0,0)" point which is the center for Arch Profiles, the origin for Sketches and usually the first point for Draft Wires)
BaseOffsetX and BaseOffsetY : move the Base (extrusion profile)
BaseMirror : mirror the Base (extrusion profile)

A new command Create multiple Arch Structure was also added. It uses the first selected object as a Base, and creates Arch Structures objects for every Edge of the other selected objects. Then, the properties of individual Structure objects can be adjusted in the Property editor. This command was added for workflow with a master Sketch (there is risk of topological naming problem unless you create non-parametric copy of the master Sketch or use Realthunder's version)

Original forum discussion: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 8&start=60
Main pull request: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/3229
Attachments
NewArchStructureProperties.JPG
NewArchStructureProperties.JPG (51.71 KiB) Viewed 5185 times
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

alafr wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:51 am New properties in the Arch Structure objects:
Added!